Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Great Auntness

Today I am a great aunt. Actually, on October 15th I became a great aunt. I have been an aunt since October 5th of 1987. On that day, my darling nephew Curtis was born. I was nowhere near the scene of the crime. It killed me. I was in another country, Germany to be precise. In those very ancient and olden of days, we didn't have internet or twitter or any of that. I had to rely on the good old fashioned telephone. I was very excited when I heard the news. I wasn't really a "hands on" aunt at that point. I did receive a video at some point of him rolling over. It was great, he would roll and roll and roll (only one way, he hadn't mastered the reverse yet). I was really happy to see the nephew I had yet to meet, but mind you, I'd not seen my other family members for a year and was anxious to see them... but no, all I saw was Curtis rolling around on the carpet and an occasional knee or ankle. I remember watching that 45 minute video and saying, "oh, there is Nana's cane and her lower leg... wish I could see her face..."

Fast forward to Curtis' son being born. Facebook is now in play. I knew that Siera was having some blood pressure issues and was praying. The due date was a couple weeks away and she was on bed rest. Then, all of a sudden we are having a baby.
I had a volleyball match that night. I get done refereeing and have 3 missed calls from Judy. Too late to return her calls. I get home and Bruce has a message from dad, Grandpa Hall. Judson was born, 4 lb. 9 oz. I immediately question this. I think that someone has screwed up the numbers because they would have a huge and healthy baby. Too late to call home and verify, I sit on my data. Next morning I check in with Judy and get the poop. Little buddy was indeed only 4 lb 9 oz. due to having his cord all tangled up. He had stopped growing and thanks go God's great plan had been born earlier than scheduled because Mom had high blood pressure, most assuredly saving his life. Praise be to God. I know that You have a plan for Judson. I am sure he will do great things for the Kingdom. I am so excited to watch Your plan unfold. For right now, I cannot wait until I get to hold my little great nephew.

Great Aunt Annie is basking in the glow of Great Auntdom..

No comments:

Post a Comment